Waiting on Wednesday: Wintersong

Publication Date: February 7th, 2017
Publisher: Thomas Dunne
Series: None
Format: Hardcover, 400 pages
ADD TO GOODREADS
Amazon

All her life, nineteen-year-old Liesl has heard tales of the beautiful, mysterious Goblin King. He is the Lord of Mischief, the Ruler Underground, and the muse around which her music is composed. Yet, as Liesl helps shoulder the burden of running her family’s inn, her dreams of composition and childish fancies about the Goblin King must be set aside in favor of more practical concerns.

But when her sister Käthe is taken by the goblins, Liesl journeys to their realm to rescue her sister and return her to the world above. The Goblin King agrees to let Käthe go—for a price. The life of a maiden must be given to the land, in accordance with the old laws. A life for a life, he says. Without sacrifice, nothing good can grow. Without death, there can be no rebirth. In exchange for her sister’s freedom, Liesl offers her hand in marriage to the Goblin King. He accepts.

Down in the Underground, Liesl discovers that the Goblin King still inspires her—musically, physically, emotionally. Yet even as her talent blossoms, Liesl’s life is slowly fading away, the price she paid for becoming the Goblin King’s bride. As the two of them grow closer, they must learn just what it is they are each willing to sacrifice: her life, her music, or the end of the world.




Oh my god. This sounds like a Labyrinth re-telling of sorts and I cannot contain myself! There is something about mysterious underground goblin kings and young maidens falling under their spell that intrigues me. 

The plot sounds so good! She has to die in order for the world to survive? Sounds like it will be a bumpy ride, because we all know that they will fall hard for each other and try to both survive. 

I love the simple, but beautiful cover. It makes me think of Beauty and The Beast because of the rose, and if it's taken out of the glass, it will die. Maybe it has something to do with Liesl dying….

What book are you waiting on this week? 

2 comments:

  1. This cover gives me ALL THE FEEELSSS! I love it and I can't wait to get my hands on it. And you're right - it does give off a Beauty and the Beast vibe with the rose and glass! 2017 definitely needs to get here quicker because I need this book just like I need air. *heart eyes*

    Talina @ Sassy & Dangerous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, girl! Same here! It's so pretty! That's the first thing I thought of when I saw it. I hope I'm right with the prediction! I wish 2017 wasn't so far away. :( I'm hoping there will be copies at ALAMW in January so I can get my hands on it!

      Delete

Follow @ Instagram

Follow
Back to Top