Waiting on Wednesday: The Star Touched Queen


The Star Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi

Publication Date: May 3rd, 2016
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Series: None
Format: Hardcover, 352 pages
Buy it here: Amazon
ADD TO GOODREADS

Cursed with a horoscope that promises a marriage of Death and Destruction, sixteen-year-old Maya has only earned the scorn and fear of her father's kingdom. Content to follow more scholarly pursuits, her world is upheaved when her father, the Raja, arranges a wedding of political convenience to quell outside rebellions. But when her wedding takes a fatal turn, Maya becomes the queen of Akaran and wife of Amar. Yet neither roles are what she expected. As Akaran's queen, she finds her voice and power. As Amar's wife, she finds friendship and warmth.

But Akaran has its own secrets - thousands of locked doors, gardens of glass, and a tree that bears memories instead of fruit. Beneath Akaran's magic, Maya begins to suspect her life is in danger. When she ignores Amar's plea for patience, her discoveries put more than new love at risk - it threatens the balance of all realms, human and Otherworldly.

Now, Maya must confront a secret that spans reincarnated lives and fight her way through the dangerous underbelly of the Otherworld if she wants to protect the people she loves.

The Star-Touched Queen is a lush, beautifully written and vividly imagined fantasy inspired by Indian mythology.


I first heard about this book during the Fledgling Author Chat last year. There was no cover, but I was immediately sold on the synopsis. Hello, fantasy mixed with Indiana mythology? Heck yeah, sign me up! It also helped that Roshani was so sweet to readers on Twitter when we were sharing our excitement for this book.

The only thing that sucks is that this will not be released until May. *Nooooooooooooooooo* But, I have requested it on Netgalley, so here is to hoping that I get to read it before it comes out. I'm looking at you, Publishing Gods.



Seriously though, this book sounds amazing and I cannot wait to read it. Early reviews have already come in and it seems like everyone loved it! 

What are you waiting for?


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It really is! I definitely need it displayed on my shelf. I have a weakness for pretty covers. :)

      Delete
  2. I cannot wait for this book, and that's really saying something because fantasy and mythology are not my favorite genres.

    I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of the most anticipated of 2016, and I'm glad you want to read it too! It's great because it's also a standalone!

      Thank you! I hope you enjoy it when you read it too. :)

      Delete

Follow @ Instagram

Follow
Back to Top